Introduction to Cupping Therapy (Live OnLine)
Time & Location
About The Event
Cupping therapy, commonly referred to as “cupping”, has been used therapeutically for thousands of years. The roots of cupping can be traced back to early Egypt, Greece, and throughout European and Asian civilization. Cupping has shown to increase ROM and local circulation, decrease pain, and create ease in the body. During this 6 hour course, attendees will learn:
• The history of cupping
• How to approach a client about receiving cupping
• Cupping aftercare for the client
• The indications and contraindications of cupping
• How to care for your cups
• The difference between using the cups as a stationary tool, and sliding the cups to work the fascia and soft tissues of the body
• How to integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice.
We will examine and show applications of various styles of cups including glass, acrylic, and silicone cups. Attendees will be able to observe various applications of cupping as well as practice with partners to learn the differences between lighter and deeper cupping applications. Fire cupping will be discussed, but not performed during this class.